Happy Friday everyone! Well I’ve got to say the highlight of my week came when the ladies over at Out of a Hat Creations randomly pulled my name out of the hat, so to speak, for this lovely Tando Kit.
Thank you ladies!! I’m really excited, and can’t wait to get my crafty little hands on it! Looks like fun! Speaking of fun, the challenge this week over at Out of a Hat is something with lines. Click on the link above if you would like to join in the fun, or just be inspired by the gorgeous creations by the DT.
I made two cards for this challenge. For the first one, I decided to play around with a diagonal line stamp, and my new CTMH mini pigment inks. This is what I came up with…
I stamped a piece of white card stock with overlapping rows of different colours of pigment inks, and glued it to the card base. I then took a piece of transparency plastic, and made an overlay. This was done by cutting the transparency a bit bigger than the card base then scoring and folding it down the middle.
I stamped the flourish onto the transparency with Versamark, covered it with black embossing powder, and heat embossed it. When that was finished I glued the overlay over the card by running a strip of adhesive along the top at the back of the card, and a few spots on the bottom front to keep it in place. I cut, stamped and assembled the medallion and then glued it along with the black ribbon to the surface of the overlay. I really like how colourful this card is.
My second card was much simpler to make, but uses the same rainbow theme. And instead of diagonal lines I decided to try a chevron pattern.
After stamping the chevrons, and the Hello sentiment I cut matting for both in Indian Corn Blue paper, and adhered them to the card base. Now for my favourite part of this card – the buttons. I just found this technique for making clear buttons into coloured buttons on the Hero Arts blog, and I love it! This opens up a world of possibilities!
I took 3 different sized clear buttons, and adhered them (using a glue dot) to card stock that I had stamped with the chevron pattern. I then trimmed the excess paper off with scissors. Next I pierced button holes through the paper, added baker’s twine, and then adhered the buttons to the card base. So fun!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my challenge cards. Hope you have a great weekend, and find some time to make something!