Shimmery Roses on Acetate

Standard

Happy humpday!  I’ve been messing around in my craft cave with acetate again.  This time I’ve used clear cards and one of the rose images from the Close To My Heart Happy Valentine’s Stamp of the Month Set.  This really is a gorgeous stamp set, and if you spend $50 on Close To My Heart products this month, you can get this set for $5!  A great deal.  Check out my CTMH Specials page for more details.Image

The whole process started off with me heat embossing the roses onto a piece of acetate.  Originally, I tried to do this right onto the clear card, but ended up melting it (dorky crafter mistake #1).  I also discovered, after the fact, that there is a protective plastic layer on each side of the clear card that needs to be peeled off before using (dorky crafter mistake #2).  I’ve used these clear cards before and wondered why they looked so cloudy.  Now I know, LOL!  Maybe the protective film contributed to the melting!Rose CloseupI wanted to add colour and sparkle to the roses, so I spread glue onto the roses with my glue pen, and then sprinkled them with Prisma Glitter.  This worked ok, but when I tried colouring the glitter with Copics – not so good!  After a few moments of contemplation, I decided to use my Color-Ready Pearl Paint, red reinker and green distress stain to colour them.  LOVE the results!RosesI added a drop of red reinker to a glop of pearl paint and mixed it up.  After painting in the roses, I went back in with straight reinker to add contrast.  Once that was finished, the same technique was used on the leaves using green distress stain and pearl paint.  This would have looked great without the Prisma Glitter, but the glitter adds a lovely shimmer.  The roses were cut out and stuck to the front of the card (paint and embossed side down) with glue dots.Thank YouThe inside of the card holds a piece of Colonial White card stock, which I stamped.  It was then run through the Cuttlebug with the Thanks embossing folder and adhered to the inside of the card with glue dots.  The roses were positioned on the front of the card to hide the Thank You sentiment inside.

I’m really happy with the way this turned out.  There is a snow themed challenge over at the Heart2Heart blog this week and  I may just have to try a snowflake card using this technique.  We’ll see what happens!  Have a fabulous evening and I’ll see you back here tomorrow for My Time Made Easy’s Pretty Palette Challenge #79.  Happy crafting!

Advertisements

8 responses »

  1. Beautiful! You do the clear card thing so well, Tracy! I appreciate all your tried-and-true tips on how to work with acetate… One of these days I’ll give it a go.

    • Hi Caroline. Thanks for your continued support. I was sad to see you are not on the H2H design team this year but I’m looking forward to seeing your new creations none-the-less. Hope all is well with you.

  2. This is a beautiful rose, a lot of work, it sounds like, but it turned out wonderful. I have never heard of clear cards before, this is really neat. I will have to see if I can find some around here where I live. Have a great day.

    • Hi Correna. It is always exciting and worth the work when you discover something new. I’m sure this has been done before somewhere in the world but for me it’s a first and it’s so much darn fun!! Thanks for stopping by!

  3. This turned out great! I love that rose stamp set….so pretty and romantic. Good use of the clear cards. The “Thank-You” sentiment works well and is nicely out of sight behind the image. Great Job!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s